Itchy skin may seem a small problem but the irritating sensation that makes you want to scratch all the time can be troublesome! Dry skin is usually the reason behind your itchy skin. Though the problem is common it is not something you should ignore. Treating a dry hot itchy skin does not cost a fortune since a few simple home remedies can do a lot of help to overcome the problem.
Here 16 home remedies that you could try to overcome skin irritation and skin itchiness
Many a time, honey is used by skin care companies as natural humectants. It soothes your skin and works swiftly for itching problems mainly due to an insect bite.
- Mix some honey with olive oil. You could also use it with beeswax for better results. The proportion has to be equal for all three ingredients. Heat it properly with and let the mixture dry. Apply it on the skin where you feel itchy.
You can use the mixture for around three months if kept in low temperature.
Since almond breathes easily into your skin, it helps moisturise and nourish it inside out. This is the best solution for itchy skin problems.
- Apply to the affected area and repeat this regularly to get rid of the itchy skin, sunburn or dry skim.
Coconut oil is one of the classic solutions for itching which has been with us since our childhood. Be it anything, right from an insect bite or dry skin, coconut oil has come like a good samaritan for us.
- Apply some coconut oil to your skin and leave it until it hydrates the skin.
- Rub warm coconut oil on your body before your bath. This helps rehydrate the dry skin and will help it replenish.
- Dab some oil after you take a bath while it is still wettish. This works best as moisturizing care in winters.
The Indian Basil, in other words, Tulsi has anti-itching agents such as camphor, thymol and eugenol.
- Wash fresh tulsi leaves and rub them on the affected area.
- Soak the Tulsi leaves in clean water for 10 minutes. Use this solution to soothe the affected area.
- Smush some tulsi leaves and dip it in coconut oil. Use this blend to apply where you’re feeling itch.
Being a famous traditional medication, neem is primarily used in India as a home remedy for a scratchy skin. It has several anti-irritant elements which help soothe the affected area of your skin.
- Put some neem oil on your skin where you feel itchy.
- You could also use a blend of coconut and neem leaves as a scalp treatment. It not only removes itching but also flaking and dandruff.
Sesame Seed Oil:
Sesame seed oil is seldom used use as anti-irritant to soothe dry skin and redness problems.
- Applying some sesame oil on the affected area will help to remove redness of the sun.
- Use this daily to nourish your skin and protect it from the sun.
Mint has astringent and chilling elements which help soothe our skin making it look rich. The antiseptic menthol works quickly on our itchy and dry area and makes it cleaner and better.
- Crush and strain mint leaves while using the mixture for applying it to the skin.
- Brew some min tea and gently boil mint leaves for 3-5 minutes. Apply this on the affected region once it cools down.
Lemon has its very own individual characteristics which are unknown to many. Often used for weight loss, it also works to whiten your skin. Since it has acetic acid and citric acid, it works as a solution for scratchy skin and inflammatory skin.
- Squeeze the lemon and apply the fluid to the affected area. Leave it to dry. Follow this regularly for best results. Apply the blend on your skin and let it dry. Cleanse it after a while.
- Make powder of fenugreek seeds and mix it some coconut oil. Dab its paste daily on your skin to prevent itching.
- Submerse fenugreek seeds in 2 tbsp milk, blend it properly and apply the same to your affected area for immediate results.
An instant solution when you don’t have any jazzy ingredients and solutions for your itchy skin. It helps to block the path of the itchy area and make it itch dead.
- Wash the affected area with ice or cold water. Do not massage it.
- You could also use an ice pack or cold compress for same results.
- When you shower with cold water, it also helps get rid of an itchy sensation. However, do not rub your skin once your bath. Gently dab your skin with a soft towel.
Baking soda cures itchy skin due to its antibacterial elements. It eases your skin irritation problems.
- Make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply the blend to the affected area.
- Kindly make sure that your skin is not sensitive or broken. DO NOT USE SODA in any such case.
Aloe Vera is another astounding remedy for itchy skin. It moisturizes and let it breathe. Being a good solution for sunburn, rashes, itchy problems etc.
- Apply and gently rub aloe vera on the affected area and let it dry for a while.
Olive oil is more used abroad for acne treatments, now also famous in India. It works well for itchy skin too.
- Massage your skin with some olive oil and repeat this regularly. The rashes or acne on your skin will go in a few days.
Skin irritation often causes due to dryness. Simply using moisturizing lotion will immediately help to remove skin irritation.
- As per the instruction on your moisturizing lotion cover. Opt for water-based moisturisers for best results.
Diaper Rash Cream:
What? Diaper Rash cream? Well, yes! The not-so-famous solution, it is very effective for skin irritation problems. Since it is made for baby’s skin, you don’t even have to worry about the sensitivity of your skin.
- Apply some diaper rash cream to the affected area. Repeat this for at least twice a day.
Petroleum jelly is not known to many but easily found nearby your region. The jelly is used as a solution for dry and skin irritation.
- You could apply the jelly to your entire body and it will be no harm. Since it’s cheap and useful as well!
Medicated OTC Topical Cream:
Last but not the least, medicated OTC topical cream if any of above solutions do not work! It assuredly helps you to overcome itchy problems and skin irritation.
- Simply apply on the affected area and you’ll see results in a while
India has become an emerging market for Ayurveda and herbal products. However, it has also created clutter in Indian consumer to know which the genuine and best suitable product is for him. With this, it has become important to understand which are the best Ayurveda companies he can rely on and make the purchase. Once he is determined to a particular company, sticking to one suitable product helps your skin to get along well with the solution that you’re offering.